- The ‘Future Schedule’ is based on minimum catch up dose intervals as per the Australian Immunisation Handbook. Doses can be given at later dates, but not earlier.
- The Calculator recommends catch up doses based on the Australian NIP schedule and applicable catch up criteria.
- The recommended ‘Future Schedule’ assumes that the catch up will commence on the same day the calculation is produced and on giving all antigens ‘Due Immediately’ on that day.
- If there is a delay in commencing the catch up schedule, a new calculation should be undertaken on the day the child does present to ensure the minimum intervals between antigen doses are met and the recommendation remains current.
- If a child does not present on the recommended future dates, a new calculation should be undertaken at each visit to ensure the minimum intervals between antigen doses are met and the recommended schedule remains current.
Note: Depending on the age of the child, previous history and time delay, the number of doses of some antigens due and the order of giving them may be different from the original calculation.
- If the parent will not accept all antigens ‘Due Immediately’ at the first encounter, a new calculation should be undertaken at each visit to ensure that minimum intervals are met and the recommended schedule remains current.
- When all antigens in an Infanrix Hexa are due within 28 days of each other and at least one dose of each of those antigens has previously been given, the Calculator will group them together and bring them down to the latest date that any of the antigens are due.
- MENINGOCOCCAL C / ACWY from 1/7/2018
- 1: For children born on or before 30/6/2017, previous doses of MenCCV and MenACWY should be entered under the appropriate columns and will be assessed.
- 2: For children born on or after 1/7/2017, previous doses of MenACWY only can be entered and assessed. Men CCV doses cannot be entered.
- PNEUMOCOCCAL and Hib from 1/7/2018
From 2 July 2018, Pneumococcal and Hib vaccine will be recommended as per the new schedule points.